I planned to write a book review today. The review is for a book I have found so helpful that I carry it in my pocket, purse, iPad…
Well, that may be a little misleading since most of my books are in electronic form. But where this book differs is I have it highlighted, bookmarked and noted extensively.
Title: The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
Page Count: 170
“Hal Elrod is a genius and his book The Miracle Morning has been magical in my life. What Hal has done is taken the ‘best practices’—developed over centuries of human consciousness development—and condensed the ‘best of the best; into a daily morning ritual. A ritual that is now part of my day.” — ROBERT KIYOSAKI, #1 bestselling author of Rich Dad Poor Dad
What’s being widely regarded as “one of the most life changing books ever written” may be the simplest approach to achieving everything you’ve ever wanted, and faster than you ever thought possible.
What if you could wake up tomorrow and any—or EVERY—area of your life was beginning to transform? What would you change? The Miracle Morning is already transforming the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world by showing them how to wake up each day with more ENERGY, MOTIVATION, and FOCUS to take your life to the next level. It’s been right here in front of us all along, but this book has finally brought it to life.
Are you ready? The next chapter of YOUR life—the most extraordinary life you’ve ever imagined—is about to begin. It’s time to WAKE UP to your full potential…
Five Memorable Quotes
- “Focused, productive, successful mornings generate focused, productive, successful days…” (p. 3)
- “Never forget that who you are becoming is the single most important determining factor in your quality of life, now and for your future.” (p. 8)
These are not quotes but memorable portions of the book include:
- Snooze-Proof Wake Up Strategy (p. 47): When I’m up, I’m up usually. But I have a tendency to stay up late reading, talking with my hubby and it makes snoozing my BFF. But this strategy convicted me and challenged me. So if you’re a snoozer…this one’s for you too.
- S.A.V.E.R.S. (p. 53): The method shared in the book to create a successful, productive morning routine. It is the heartbeat of the book. He shares each component and even provides an abbreviated approach when you are limited on time.
- The Habit Mastery Strategy (p. 114): I have read so much about habits and how many days it takes to create a new one or kick a bad one to the curb. However, I’ve never seen the progression of mastery of that new habit. He breaks it down into three phases. And what I love most is he doesn’t go too deep. He covers enough for the reader to read it, understand it and implement it.
In reality, this is a book that you will find yourself highlighting everything. Therefore, it was hard narrowing it down to this five quotes without giving away the content of the book.
Who Should Read This Book
If you are reading to this point YOU should read it. The Miracle Morning is for anyone who desires to start their day “right”.
You may want to pursue a project and believe there are not enough hours in the day…this book is for you.
You want to achieve lofty, ambitious goals…this book is for you.
You want to improve the quality of your life, intentionally…this book is for you.
“I was fueled by passion to do what I had never done before: to venture from my painfully comfortable realm of mediocrity— from which I operated my entire life— into the space of being extraordinary.” – Hal Elrod
My commitment to blog and The Influencers Newsletter are challenges for me. The writing is a joy but both take time. I am motivated by knowing it is invaluable to you (as my reader) and myself (as a communicator). But these are only true when I dare to step into that space called “extraordinary”.
The space where I am stretched and as a result you are too.
The space where dragging through your day is not acceptable. You have work to do. You have a call on your life. You have a purpose to pursue. You have people waiting for you to SHOW UP!
Therefore, the greatest takeaway from The Miracle Morning is a good ole hardy kick in the butt to be intentional with my day from the time I open my eyes to the time I close them.
Join me on a TMM Challenge starting August 15, 2016. I considered waiting but I’m going to re-read this book and do it!
I will limit this private read-through to 12 people.
Greatness starts when you decide to show up! So, you don’t have to join this private reading to decide and implement the changes needed to move from mediocrity to extraordinary.
I am doing the same. My plan to write a book review is upgrading. Now, I am going to host a challenge and participate. And I will post a follow-up on October 4, 2016.
What about you? How will you show up? [reminder]
I’m off to order a print copy of the book for the challenge. 😉 Are you going to join me?Book Club Book Review Goals Purpose Time Management