What a week! We celebrated three birthdays and our anniversary, which meant cake…cake…and more cake. 🙂 I also had a gut check because once my goals marinaded I realized that I have to get busy.
On every Sunday, I will share a quick summary of my progress toward accomplishing a life transformation in 2013. My original goal list is HERE. Now it’s time for my update.
Here’s my list of goals (in no particular order) and the summary of the progress I made:
1. I am going to host my first retreat in 2013. This week I called “the location”. I have a couple of others places in mind but “the location”, if things work out, is my it place. I received a proposal on Thursday. I plan to review it this week.
2. I am going to finish writing a book in 2013. I have a big fat goose egg…0…for this one. Excuses aside, I just didn’t do it. I will do better.
3. I am going to outline the entire bible. I will not begin this until I finish reading the bible in April.
4. I am going to train for a 2014 marathon. I worked out three times this week. I realize I have to make some major schedule adjustments. To help me along I’ve signed up for a fitness boot camp beginning in February. In the meantime, I will continue to workout three or four times per week.
5. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year.
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. Okay, this may sound weird by I have a rule about reading books. I don’t drudge through…The Power of Habit started off well but slowly became a chore to read. I will revisit it at a later date, hopefully.
Book #1: Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado. I am LOVING this book. (currently reading)
6. I am going to knit a folk shawl. I am enrolled to attend a knitting class this week. Additionally, I am closer to deciding which shawl I plan to make.
7. I am going to have monthly one-on-one dates with my husband, son, daughter and best friend. Since we had so many birthdays this week we had a lot of hanging out time. I still need to schedule brunch with my bestie for this month.
8. I am going to actively mentor one woman. GREAT! I received a wonderful update from one of my mentees and a major prayer request from another. Yet I say “great” because being present and available is one of my goals for these relationships. To God be the glory!
QUESTION: What do you plan to do THIS WEEK to make your dream a reality?